Monday, July 21, 2014

Life Becomes Beautiful One Friend At A Time

 "Every once in a while someone amazing come along...and here I am." -Tigger 
To me, friendship is one of the most important things in life. It is something that has changed my life, strengthened me, and made me who I am today. Now I know friendship is something every one has, but for me, it's so much deeper than just having some people who like the same things as me, who are fun to hang out with, or who I get along with. Granted I do like the same things as my friends, they are all fun to hang out with, and I do get along with all of them. Those are the things that started the foundation of my friendships, but after the foundation is made, you can't stop there. You have to keep working to build the relationship so that it lasts and turns out beautiful. This process takes a long time like approximately your whole life. All throughout my life I have been extremely blessed by great friends who meant the world to me. Thankfully, I can say that I have never had a "bad" friend. Yeah, some of my friends slowly drifted away and we don't talk often or have much in common anymore, but that's life. You meet new people and make new friends as you grow up. That's exactly what has happened to me.

All throughout elementary school and highschool I had the same group of best friends for the most part. Considering I went to the same school for 13 years, that was easy. I never ever imagined that into my first year of college, that friend group would COMPLETELY change. Even though I'm still friends with those people, my best friends and most treasured friends have changed. And I am 100% content with who they are. Its funny actually, growing up my closest friends were always either my age, or a year older. Now, I have one best friend my age, one 3 years younger, 2 who are 5 years older (and marreid), and my sister. But because of that, these relationships are SO much better for me and I know they will last. Let me introduce these amazing people who came into my life:



 This is Alea. She is my youngest friend who is 15. I met this precious girl last Summer (2013). Our friendship started out slowly especially since I moved to Auburn for school only a month or two after meeting Alea. That didn't leave much time to build a solid friendship. I never would have thought that I would find such an amazing, encouraging, and joyful friend in this 15 year old. But thank God I did!! Over my first year of college, God allowed Alea into my life. I believe that He made us both realize that we needed each other's encouragement, joy, and weirdness in our lives. As the weeks went by, I found myself adoring this sweet girl. The thing about her that stood out most to me was her constant happiness. She ALWAYS finds the joy and humor in every single situation. And because of that, I hardly ever see her not smiling. This is something that I absolutely love about Alea. She is overflowing with joy and love that she has found in Jesus.I knew she was a keeper :) She and I will go from laughing about a tweet or an embarrassing moment to being in awe of our Savior and his love for us. This is something that I wish every single person in the world had. Our friendship is gowing day by day and I am so blessed that this adorable 9th grader decided she wanted a friend in me. She blesses me more than she knows. Our friendship is centered around Jesus and that is how i know it is one that will last.




JJ!! Ahhh so this is my newest and bestest friend. I moved to Auburn on August 15, 2013 and never expected that literally 5 days later I would meet my best friend. There was a BBQ the week before classes started that was hosted by RUF (Reformed University Fellowship) and I was encouraged to go by my sister. So, I went with one of my roommates (Mary) who was also a freshman. As soon as I got there, I recognized alot of people from Highschool which was comforting. Mary and I got our food and found a large group of girls who were clearly freshmen also. So we decided to join them. Upon seconds of sitting down, I found myself talking. laughing, and joking with the whole group of girls. After we all ate, we decided to walk around and just get to know each other. JJ was someone who I clicked with immediately. Oh and the reason she stuck out to me at first was because we were COMPLETELY matching: Black tank tops, jean shorts, sandals, and an orange purse. Crazy. This night that I anticipated to be kind of awkward turned into the night I met my best friend. God knew I needed JJ and he did not hesitate to put her in my path. My best friends from highs school who were also at Auburn, decided to rush so I never saw them and knew that they would soon have tons of new friends and make their college best friends in no time. So, JJ came at the perfect time. Once classes started, we hung out a couple times and grabbed some lunch a few times. Then we all of a sudden were hanging out every day. Then it turned into ALL DAY, every day. I soon knew that this country girl was going to be my best friend. And I was right. She has been there for me ever since day 1 and can't thank her enough for loving me and encouraging me every step of the way. Whether we are watching scary movies, walking around campus, shopping. laying out on the beach, or literally sitting on my bed doing nothing, I have a blast with her. She is one of the most selfless people I have ever met and is always willing to come visit me whenever  I ask. We have lots and lots of differences, but our personalities fit together perfectly. She has been the best friend I have ever had and I thank God for putting her in my life. I don't know what freshman year would have been like without her. She constantly reminds me that I can make it through any obstacle that happens in life. She also reminds me that God has a plan for me even if I don't know it now. Having someone who believes this truth and reminds me of it when I forget, is priceless and beautiful.

SYDNEY!! Oh my goodness where do I even begin. If I had to describe her in one word it would be sunshine. Maybe that's cheesy but it's true! She is always radiating happiness and I can't help but be happy when she's around. I met her about a year and half ago and once again, I never knew God had planned for her to become one of my closest friends and greatest role models. Oh and this is super important-- shes the ONLY person Ive met who loves Target, Disney, Tangled, ketchup, people, kids, and school supplies as much as I do. Its kinda scary but I Love it. Anyways, we met because she was engaged to the brother of the  guy I was dating senior year of highschool and first semester of college. As soon as I met Sydney, I was like "wow. I want to be like her. " She has such an incredibly gentle spirit, a loving heart, and an encouraging personality. Ever since I've known her she has been super busy with school, graduation, planning her wedding, THE ACTUAL WEDDING, being a wife, and now becoming teacher. But you know what's awesome? Despite how crazy busy this 23 year olds life was, she always made time for me. I can't count the number of times she's taken a break to call when I was upset, let me come over and vent, or met with me just to hang out. She makes friendship and others a priority in her life and it's one reason I love her so much. My favorite thing she and I have done has been reading through different books of the Bible together. I love having someone who loves the Lord and brings that love into a relationship. She has been a constant source or advice, wisdom, and encouragement to me. I know that there have been times where Sydney probably thought I was crazy and being stupid, but she always shows patience towards me. That's just who Sydney is. She has a heart that puts others before herself and she seeks to lift up those around her. The friendship I have with Sydney is like none other that I have had before. I've never met someone like her and I am in awe of her life and how much love she has for other people and how much joy she expresses every day. She is someone who has truly changed me and influenced my life in a beautiful and godly way. She is truly one of a kind and I wish there were more people like her:)


Sarah Jones aka Say-Rah!! This awesome lady has also become one of my dearest friends over the past 6 years. She started out as my 8th grade basketball coach (bless her for coaching a bunch of Jr. High girls). As the years went on, I realized how strong, loving, wise, and kind hearted Sarah was. She was the best coach I've ever had for many reasons, but especially because she encourages. She encouraged more than criticized and reminded us as players to encourage each other as well. That is something that I always remembered every game and practice, because of Sarah. Once she was no longer my basketball coach, she became a friend. She took on a BIG responsibility with that haha:) There have been probably thousands of times that something crappy has happened in my life (some being a big deal and some being stupid small ones) and Sarah has been one of the first people I go to for advice. And you know what?? Every time she gives advice or wisdom, she takes it back to Bible and what God says about the situation. How awesome is that? Not only does she give me advice from her own life and from personal experience, but she backs it up with Jesus. It blows me away. Her desire and love for the Lord has encouraged me in my walk with God. Also, Sarah is married with a 17 month old baby and she is STILL just a available to help me as she was before she was married. As I've gotten older, I have loved seeing how our relationship has changed from her being my authority figure (as a coach) into someone who I can tell anything to and not be judged or discouraged for it. Someone who I can tell dumb jokes to and she laughs, sometimes actual laughs and sometimes pitty laughs. Someone who I can talk to about guys, school, Jesus, or basketball. I have loved having Sarah as a friend because has experienced so much more in life than I have, and she gives the best advice out of everyone I know. Oh and even though there are alot of times I don't listen to it, she still gives me another chance. She doesn't give up. I can confidently say that his woman has been the biggest influence in my life and I pray that I can influence someone the same way she has for me. I love Sarah Jones more than I can say and I thank God for putting someone like her in my life. He gives me blessing upon blessing and I don't deserve a single one.

All four of these girls, Alea, JJ, Sydney, and Sarah have help me make it through a life full of trials and struggles. God knew I would go through every storm in life, and so he equipped me with people who would help me make it through. And because of each of them, my life has become more beautiful than I ever thought it could be. So, a BIG thank you to each of you who have helped make me the person I am today & for showing me love and acceptance. I had to brag on each of you a little but because yall are irreplaceable and the best friends I girl can ever have!!



No comments:

Post a Comment