Friday, July 18, 2014

Becoming Aunt Karel {est. Feb .19, 2013}



"I will praise you; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." 
Psalm 139:14 

God has truly blessed me in more ways than I can count in my 18 years of life. One of the greatest and most meaningful blessings has been my friendship with Gary and Sarah Jones. They started out as my junior high and high school basketball coaches. The first year I played on my school's basketball team was in 7th grade and it was okay. I was kinda scared of my coach and of playing haha but I still enjoyed it enough to play again the next year. I heard we were getting new coaches and  I was hoping and praying it would be a nice and encouraging coach who I could learn from and look up to. And that is exactly who God provided for me and the other girls on the team. God placed Sarah Jones (Sarah Bura at the time) in my life at that moment. At the same time, the Varsity team had a new coach as well- Gary Jones. I didn't really play with Gary as my coach until the next year (9th grade) when I played JV and Varsity. However, during my 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th grade years of highschool and basketball, God began to weave together my relationship with both Gary and Sarah. Oh and when they got MARRIED I was even happier. Two of my favorite people, coaches, and role models together. Meet the Jones :) 

However, there was lots and lots of different drama and problems came up over the years between my teammates, friends, and parents that could have (and probably tried) to break that bond and friendship I had with them. There were SO many obstacles that got in the way of our friendship and Gary and Sarah could have just thrown in the towel and said "forget it. We aren't dealing with all this drama." BUT, they didn't. They continued to love me and find a way to make relationship work. But as tough as it was, they never gave up and neither did I. And now, almost 6 years later, I am happy and blessed to call them two of my best friends. They have impacted my life more than they will ever ever know!! But it gets even better...

One night (I think in July), I went to a movie with the Jones and two of their close friends. After the movie, they told me that they were PREGNANT. I honestly thought they were kidding at first but they sure as heck weren't. I was beyond excited for them to become parents and I couldn't wait to meet baby Jones. A few months later they found out they were having a little girl and were going to name her Kimbrel Lynn Jones. I think I cried when I found that out actually... but anyways, I was so so ready to meet Kimbrel, who was due February 20, 2013 (I think). And then, on February 19, 2013, little miss Kimbrel was born. Tears did flow and my heart was so happy for Gary and Sarah. The next day I went to the hospital to meet Kimbrel and congratulate the new mom and dad. Oh and side note- Sarah looked GOOD for just having a baby haha. I got to see Kimbrel's sweet little face and then I got to hold her in my arms. I couldn't believe this day had finally come and I didn't ever want to let go of her. At that moment, my heart was overflowing with joy. I prayed that God would use me in Kimbrel's life and that I could be a fraction of the blessing and influence to Kimbrel, as her parents have been to me.

Meeting Kimbrel for the first time
Thankfully, God has given me more time than I ever imaged with Kimbrel. I don't remember when exactly Gary and Sarah started calling me Aunt Karel, but I was honored and happy to accept that title. She has grown up SO fast and is the most joyful, charismatic, and playful baby I've ever met. I'm blessed to be in her life and to have been here to watch her grow up. When her first birthday rolled around, I couldn't believe she was so old. Her first year had flown by for me, so I cant imagine how quickly it went by for her parents. Her party was a success and she looked adorable getting covered in cake! Friends and family all gathered to celebrate this precious little girl's life and it was one of the happiest days ever. 
Kimbrel is One!!
Kimbrel is now 17 months old and is happier and cuter than ever. She loves to smile, dance, kiss, read books, color, and meet new friends. Every time i get to see her I love her more and more. She's taken up a HUGE part of my heart and I smile just thinking about her. I love spending Sundays with her, Gary, and Sarah at church, Thursday with them at Ultimate Frisbee, Saturdays at church frisbee, and all the little random movie nights and dinner dates we go on. All 3 Jones are like family to me and I love it. I'm looking forward to watching Kimbrel grow up and see how God uses her in life. He made her fearfully and wonderfully, and I pray she will do wonderful things for Him and for His kingdom.  I never thought I would get to be a part of such a precious little girl's life but God has blessed me in one of the biggest ways, with one of the smallest things. I wouldn't change a thing about Kbaby. And yes yes I know she's just a baby, but sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart :) 
"A child reaches for your hand, but touches your heart. -Unknown" 






No comments:

Post a Comment