Thursday, January 8, 2015

Resolutions {2015}

"My life is constantly under construction. There is always something to improve."
  Maybe it's cliché but I don't care--I made New Year's resolutions. And I made 17 cause I usually don't end up doing them for a whole year, so the more I make the more likely it is that I'll complete at least 1, right? I thought so too. Anyways, these are all changes that are big, small, silly, or serious. Variety keeps life interesting. So here we go..
1. Compliment others. Magnify their strengths, not their weaknesses.
2. Run every week day between classes. Start at 2 miles a day.
3. Find joy in every day.
4. Pray for others and their needs in addition to my own.
5. Spend as much time with Jesus as  I do with friends.
6. Talk about my joys and happiness instead of my problems and tears.
7. Learn how to be happy even when I'm sad. Be an example to others.
8. Save money so I can give it to others (Missions, kids, friends, church. etc.)
9. Go to Uganda
10. MEET BABY JONES #2!!!
11. Sponsor another child in Kenya or Uganda.
12. PLAN to say no to social events so I can spent time in the Word instead.
13. Capture moments of God's power and glory and awesomeness for a rainy day. Capture moments to remind me of his power when I'm in doubt.
14. Tone down the road rage... a lot.
15. Try something new every time I go to Tipico or Moes.
16. Say 'thank you' to someone each day for something they have blessed me with in life.
17. Be a friend who makes others better, brings them hope, and shows them the wonder of having a relationship with Jesus.
3,2,1.... GO! Let's see how well I do this year with all 17 of my resolutions! 


No comments:

Post a Comment