Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Making of Pascal


As a kid, I always wanted to make my own Build A Bear. However, when my birthday or Christmas rolled around, I always seemed to find another toy I wanted more. That being said, I never got one. So sad I know. I kind of forgot about that childhood dream until a month or so ago. I'm about to have another birthday and you know what I wanted? I baby panda. Like a real one. I'm being completely serious I swear. However, that''s not possible because you can't just have a pet bear. It will kill you. Disappointing I know. However, I shared my desire for a baby panda with my friends Gary and Sarah. And they gave me the idea to just go make a Build A Bear panda instead. I thought about it and decided that was perfect. Thank for that idea guys. Yall rock.

So, every year for our birthdays, my aunt takes us out for dinner and shopping. She was thrilled and so excited to take her 19 year old niece to Build a Bear Workshop at the Mall. We walked in and we both couldn't help but laugh and smile. It is SUCH a cute little store and I loved it. The first step was picking out the animal, and I got my panda. Then the worker tells you to pick a sound button to put inside. I chose the one that giggles. Its pretty dang cute if you ask me.  Thirdly, we stuffed the little bear and both my aunt and I put a heart inside of him to "wake up" the animal. The worker did a little poem about the bear's smile, hands, feet, etc. It was precious but we were all laughing. She said her normal customers are 5 year olds not college students. Haha but we had a blast! After stuffing,  i picked out the clothes I wanted for it. I chose red rain boots and they are SO cute. Don't want his paws getting wet when it rains now do we? The last thing we had to do was give the panda a name. I wasn't sure what I wanted to name it so I spent the past couple days trying to figure it out. I eventually decided on Pascal. Why Pascal? Well, my favorite movie of ALL TIME is Tangled, and Rapunzel's iguana's name is Pascal. It was perfect. I know I'll be back and I want to take my little kids I babysit (Hayes, Cam, Laney, and Kimbrel) there because I know they would love it even more than I did!

After naming Pascal, I made his birth certificate and we were done. I finally got my baby panda and love it! People probably judged me so hard walking around the mall with panda stuffed animal and cardboard house for it, but I really don't care. They are missing out. I like to think that you're never too old for a Build A Bear; it keeps you from growing up too fast :)
Stuffing Pascal! 

Listening for the heart beat 

Naming Pascal and making the birth certificate.

Ta-Da!! My baby panda 

No comments:

Post a Comment